Thursday, April 22, 2010

Repentance

"written by Mujahid Yusof Rawa, April 21, 2010
For a muslim, to repent after committing sins is a virtue with condition that the person regretted, detest his/her action and never to return to his previous sins. Simply this is because Allah's mercy is bigger than our sins even if the sins are bigger than the whole universe..."

The above is an excerpt of a comment made by Ustaz Mujahid on the mud slinging contests in election campaign for the Hulu Selangor Parliamentary Seat. I am not interested on who did what... it is enough that we extract the main principle of repentance as our guidance.

Read the full article at:
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/index.php/opinion/hafidz-baharom/60689-but-hes-an-alcoholic

I have never met Ustaz Mujahid in person, although dia berpangkat atok or moyang saudara to the writer. According to my dad, my late grandfather Hj Mohd Johar @ Mohd Johor diberitakan membahasakan Tn Haji Yusof Rawa, the person who contested against Tun Mahathir dulu (Ustaz Mujahid's father) as "mamak" - dalam bahasa rawa / minang bermaksud "Pakcik"). Two years ago, Pak Long (Hj Yahaya) passed away and dikebumikan di Tanah Kebun, Parit Buntar... I attended the solat jenazah & funeral.. and bila sampai ke masjid, I had the strangest experience... almost everyone at the masjid beria-ria nak bersalam with me & bertanya khabar...

Q : "awai sampai?
A : "Arwah Hj Yahaya ni pak menakan saya.. kena la mai awai"
Q: "oh lagu tu ka.. awat YB tak pernah khabaq kat kami .......err... YB mai dengan siapa?

me... a YB? huh?....(yeah my cousin NurNida would be having a field day laughing) ...but then I realised that these villagers had mistaken me for somebody else! Secara kebetulan juga, Ustaz Mujahid is also their current representative in the Parliament. Laaa...(dalam hati) hangpa salah orang ... pelandok dua serupa and the fact that I was wearing my vest further contributed to the confusion - YB Mujahid khabarnya pun suka pakai vest. I had the same experience here at my work place.. from the first day diri ini menjejakkan kaki ke tempat kerja sekarang ini, kalau makan kat restoran mamak kadang-kadang tak payah bayar sebab ada orang dah bayarkan dulu......tah siapa-siapa (org luar) bertanyakan pasal R&D, commented about my old Merc.. Dr. Z beli kereta baru ke?... well, they had mistaken me for one of the Vice Presidents! Maka itulah sebab sebenar penulis amat jarang mengenakan tali leher atau memakai blazer... sekadar mengenakan jaket kulit hitam untuk menahan sejuk aircond pejabat yang tidak boleh dilaraskan cukuplah... nampak macam rebel sikit sampai ditegur oleh VP yang lain- tak appropriate...lawyer kita camni..

zaws al-rawa

No comments: